- Green and black Pu-Erh tea can be stored for a long time.
- The tea’s overall quality becomes better the longer it is stored.
- Recommended to be used for storage are non-glazed clay containers, both to store the tea over time long and even while drinking because it allows the tea to “breathe” and reduces fluctuations in temperature.
- Just like the popular Yixing teapots, Yixing clay is still most recommended when choosing containers to store Pu-erh tea. In case these are not available, a cardboard box that is sealed or a brown paper bag may be used as long as they have no evident odours that were chemically produced as a result of manufacturing.
- For storing, use a cool, dry place with less likelihood of temperature changes and free from odours as both will have effects on the tea’s quality due to absorption.
II. Pu-erh’s Origins
IV. Types of Pu’erh and Brewing
VI. Pu-Erh Tea and Its Many Health Benefits
VII. Shaping and Packaging Methods
VIII. Storing Pu-Erh Tea